“Movement is a medicine for creating change in a person’s physical, emotional, and mental states” – Carol Welch. This quote beautifully encapsulates the importance of movement in our lives, nay, daily routines.
Right from conception in the womb, movement is a defining aspect of life. One of the first important indicators of growth is movement within the womb. Even after birth, movement is one of the important parameters of development – a child following movement with their eyes and moving their head, being able to hold their necks, being able to lift themselves, then crawl, walk, jump, hop, run. All through life, movement plays a crucial role, without movement, we feel hampered. Talking involves movement, as does eating, drinking, and think about all the movement which is happening internally to ensure that life is normal.
The human body is a miraculous thing. There are so many organs and muscles and bones, each with their own role in the total scheme of things, and each with a defining set of moves for the best in physical and emotional health.
Physiotherapy is the steppingstone to ensure that we follow the right set of movements for a healthier and happier life, physiotherapy exercise clinic is the medium through which this is achieved.
What is Physiotherapy Exercise?
Physiotherapy exercise refers to assigning the right set of movements to the relevant body parts, challenging, and stretching them in the form of exercises.
How Does Physiotherapy Exercise Work?
Physiotherapy exercise clinic help people with different goals and circumstances.
- People who have suffered from injuries – conventional modes of exercising may aggravate an injury a person is already suffering from. People who are suffering from injuries are looking for ways to rehabilitate and get their bodies back on track – depending upon the severity of the injury. Physiotherapy exercise enables the right diagnosis with the right physical intervention.
- People who are suffering from lifestyle diseases – in a fast-paced world, physical health has taken a backseat. Our bodies have become used to processed and many a times unhealthy food, while lifestyle has become largely sedentary. This has led to the rise of many lifestyle diseases, including diabetes and hypertension. It is not difficult to find people in your immediate circle suffering from one or both diseases. Age is no longer a defining criteria, in fact, people as young as in their 20s are now suffering from these lifestyle diseases. Incorporating the right set of movements in the daily routine greatly helps to keep these diseases at a stable stage, at times even reversing it, while reducing the dependence on medicine.
People looking to incorporate a healthy lifestyle – even if you are not suffering from disease or trauma, it is never too late nor too early to lead a healthy lifestyle. However, it is important to remember that no two bodies are the same. Physical movement for different body parts which benefits one person could actually harm another. Physiotherapy exercise clinic involves consulting an expert who can assign the right set of body movements for each body part, based on the assessment of your body and your end goals.
Why is Physiotherapy Exercise Important?
One may wonder about the importance of physiotherapy exercise when workout is available in so many formats. Why is it important to consult a physiotherapist when exercise formats are available in abundance everywhere, at times even for free?
It is important to understand the difference between physiotherapy exercises and conventional forms of workout.
- Physiotherapy exercises involve a consultation with a physiotherapist, who is a medical professional. The physiotherapist examines you physically, diagnoses the trouble areas.
- This individual physiotherapist consultation means that the physiotherapist is able to assess your body’s requirement and prescribe the right set of exercises for the different body parts.
- Other workout formats depend more upon YOUR requirement, or if you are working out in a group, then there is simply a common set of exercises which the group must perform on its own. This comes with a risk of physical trauma since no assessment has been made regarding your body’s condition and what it may handle.
- Alternatively, this may also lead to your body being underworked depending upon its condition.
- Consulting a physiotherapist leads to assessment of the right level of challenge which the body needs in terms of movement. A physiotherapist consultation blends your personal goals with your body’s current state and requirement to create the optimal exercise plan.
- Physiotherapy exercise enables one to access a scientifically designed exercise plan by a trained and qualified expert to bring the best out of your body and its movements – movement being the key word.
This sets physiotherapy exercises apart from other exercise formats, aimed at providing the right solution for YOUR body.
Benefits of Physiotherapy Exercise –
- Pain management – physiotherapy exercises clinic help greatly with chronic pains by mobilizing the joint tissue and restoring muscle function. These exercises, when done with the right set of postures and stretches, help eliminate these chronic and often undefined pains, and when done regularly, can prevent these pains from returning at all.
- Injury Prevention – a physiotherapist examines the body to assess its weaknesses, then designs the workout plan to convert those weaknesses into strengths. This includes areas of weakness among the muscles as well as bones. By bringing back strength to these areas, injuries are preventable in the long run.
- Improved mobility and balance – mobility can get affected after an injury, while balance is something that may be lacking even in the regular course of things. Physiotherapy exercises can help restore them both.
- Management of age-related issues – age brings with it many common ailments. Starting with a general loss of strength in the body, to development of arthritis and osteoporosis, physiotherapy exercises can keep the body younger than its years.
- Managing general health issues – physiotherapy exercises generally keep the body fitter -both physically and mentally by releasing endorphins. This helps keep general health issues at bay.
- Reduced dependence on medication – maintaining a healthy lifestyle, including movement, helps keep several common illnesses at bay, or helps keep them under control. When the body is fit, the dependence upon medicines goes down.
- Help with lifestyle diseases – diseases like hypertension and diabetes can be controlled by giving the body the right set of exercises.
- Improved strength – regular physiotherapy exercises keep the body fit and increases the strength in bones and muscles, especially those which become weaker with time due to lack of use.
Vrriksha – Who are We?
Vrriksha is the Hindi word for tree. A tree grows and remains strong when its roots are strong. And that is the motto we work with. With a mantra of “where care comes first”, Team Vrriksha works at strengthening the roots of every individual. We look to nature and natural healing and work to make it accessible to every member of the society – we work together with you to take our lives away from the world of chemicals.
Quality and affordable health care must be accessible to all, and not just a select few. At Vrriksha, we work on giving to the society – care and good health must not be compromised for financial considerations. Our affordable care packages are available for all who need it.
Physiotherapy Exercise Clinic at Vrriksha
At Vrriksha, we believe that we must be able to provide comprehensive care. For care to be comprehensive, it must be individual first. Therefore, at our physiotherapy exercise clinic, individual and private consultation is available with our team of expert physiotherapists. The physiotherapist sits down with you, assesses your needs, plans the treatment, and executes it with the help of HUMAN MOVEMENT, which is essentially one of the most basic structures of the human body.
For the treatment to be right, we work with the aim of combining movement with proprioception. Body awareness is key to movement, and movement is key to body awareness – they must both work in tandem to bring the best out of the body.
Vrriksha also offers consultation with a doctor and dietician to make sure that the treatment plan is comprehensive – medical issues, diet and movement must be clubbed to understand you as a whole and recommend the right course of action.
Once diagnosis is done, Vrriksha offers a multitude of programs to make sure that there is a right fit for your needs. Physiotherapy exercises clinic are part of those programs, and conducted in small, homogeneous groups. By homogeneity, we mean here people with similar body needs. This is often determined by age and gender, in addition to any medical ailment that could be bothering you.
Groups for exercise mean that there is always the motivation to keep doing better, while someone else may be drawing inspiration from you too.
We believe that expert guidance is the right guidance – therefore, experts are there to guide you every step of the way, and there is constant feedback to re-evaluate and modify the strategy and exercise movements as the need so arises. We offer integrated modern approaches, world class facilities and evidence-based practice for a healthier you – nothing but the best is our approach.
Visit Vrriksha Online Healthcare for your consultation, let us journey together for a better way of life.
Physiotherapy exercise is not a magical solution to health issues – it requires investment of time, patience, and a consistent approach. Yet, it is a critical element in treating a variety of health concerns, including but not limited to musculoskeletal disorders (like backache, neck pain, arthritis, muscular strain etc), neuro disorders (like stroke, GBS, Parkinson’s or multiple sclerosis), post-operative care, female health (like PCOD) and paediatric concerns (Cerebral palsy, autism, down syndrome).